Sunday, July 6, 2014

Impatience Breeds Action

With the solar flux pushing 200 and my tower projects taking longer than anticipated I grew impatient. Since I now have a short, perfectly-usable tower bracketed to the house it was time to get some use out of it.


It only took 90 minutes to fit together my 4-band trap dipole (what I call a TH1vn) with a steel mast, lift it into place and hook up the already-prepared run of coax and coax choke to it. QSOs rapidly followed on 20 through 10 meters.

While I can't work anything on 6 meters with this antenna I was able to copy EA8 and W6 among a host of others. I'm tempted to piece together a small yagi from the antenna parts in the garage and point it east.

I have another plan for this tower but for now this will keep me occasionally active until the larger tower is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, and should appear within one day of submission.